142 results found
-
Keep list members open
It would be awesome, if you easily could select more than one suggestion in the "List Members" dropdown.
I often need to choose more than one field from a table - and if the table needed isn't the first one, it takes some extra typing to find it.
One option could be to leave the dropdown open when choosing an item. Another option (Stolen from LinqPad), is to press a dedictated key (½ or ` in LinqPad) which chooses it, but leaves the suggestion list open.
3 votes -
More Intelligent Intellisense
While camel casing matching is extremely helpful, it breaks when adding middle characters to it, perhaps consider adding to it the same way Visual Studio does it, it’ll be much more helpful.
For example, consider I have a column "FinalSellingFee" and a column "FreeShippingFunction", when I enter "fsf", both appear, now I only want the second, in Visual Studio I'll simply enter "fsfu" (adding a "u" at the end), or "fshf" (adding an "h" after the "s"), and it'll automatically get that I want the second. It makes it so much easier and quicker.
3 votes -
Change Connection on Multiple Tabs
I would like the ability to change the connection on multiple tabs in a single action. Currently, if I am testing in one environment with multiple tabs open, I need to change each connection individually. I would like a way to specify a new connection for multiple tabs.
3 votes -
Create an option just change casing
In SQL Complete, I would love an option that lets you Format Selection but only changes the casing to what you have specified in your active profile. It would leave all other formatting as is.
3 votes -
rename
It would be very helpful to be able to right click on a tab in SSMS and have the option to rename it.
I currently have "SSMS Tools" installed to be able to accomplish this. Would be great to have the option in SQL Complete and be able to uninstall "SSMS Tools"
3 votes -
column lookups in MERGE statements, like in INSERT statements. Click on a column name to find the corresponding value in the VALUES area.
column lookups in MERGE statements, like in INSERT statements. Click on a column name to find the corresponding value in the VALUES area.
3 votes -
Line break after SELECT only if a DISTINCT / TOP clause is used
Title says it all... Give me the option to insert a line break after SELECT only if a DISTINCT / TOP clause is used.
3 votes -
Ability to stack Insert Column List and Value List with Columns Per Line
When formatting an Insert Statment, make the Column List and Value List Stacked with the user defining how many Columns Per Line is included before going to the next line with proper tabs and alignment.
Exampe of an insert statment being stacked with 4 colums per line in and select stacked:
INSERT INTO xTicketAudit
(LineType,OrderNbr,LineNbr,InvtID,
ImportQty,POQty,ImportUnits,Units,
SpecPrice,POPrice,LineIn,User1,
User2,User3,User4,User5,
User6,User7,User8)
SELECT 'D',xdp.OrderNbr,xdp.LineNbr,xdp.InvtID,
xdp.Qty,0,xdp.Units,'',
'','','','',
'',xdp.User3,xdp.User3,'',
'',xdp.User7,xdp.User8
FROM XTicketDetail xdp3 votes -
Chinese
Can it support a Chinese language UI
3 votes -
Extend Insert Highlight Occurences feature to show popup with column name in the values area
when typing out the values for an insert statement
SSMS should popup an infotip very much like when inserting parameter for functions in Visual studio C# code.
e.g. After typing the , (comma). SSMS should show a popup
Insert into Person.Address
(
AddressLine1
, AddressLine2
,City
,StateProvinceID
)
Values
(
,N''
,N''
,N''
, __________________________#
StateprovinceID int not NULL #
_________________________#
^ popUP
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Add "Search" button to execution history and disable auto-search option.
When searching in execution history, the search value is used pretty quickly after you stop typing. This means that you have to wait for the search to finish even if you weren't done typing the search string. It also means that if you have a typo, you have to wait for the search to finish before you can correct it. I keep a long history of executed SQL, so each search takes a while to run.
In my opinion, it would be better to have a dedicated "Search" button so that you could submit your search string when you're finished…
2 votes -
unwrap
I love the "format document" and "format selection" features and would be interested in a "unwrap document" and "unwrap selection" feature.
I use Notepad++ to do it currently but it is required when trying to paste SQL Code in Visual Studio.
All it does is turn the code into 1 line...
Thanks
Yann2 votes -
Add column names to VALUES list for INSERT INTO statement generation
When generating the INSERT INTO statement after typing INSERT INTO [TableName] and hitting tab, it would be helpful in the VALUES list, in addition to showing the default value, if the column name was included. For example -
INSERT INTO Users
VALUES (DEFAULT /ID/, '' /FirstName/, '' /LastName/)This way, for wide tables, you don't have to count column to keep track of which column you are working with.
2 votes -
When Formatting, Place Short Queries on a Single Line
I would like the option to specify that queries under a certain number of characters be formatted to be on a single line. This would also apply to subqueries so that if they are over the specified limit it follows the formatting rules already in place for subqueries but places simple subqueries on a single line.
So
SELECT
*
FROM
TABLE
WHERE
COL1 = 5;would become
SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE COL1 = 5;
and
SELECT
COL1,
COL2,
COL3,
COL4,
CASE WHEN COL5 = 50 THEN 'A' ELSE 'B' END
FROM
TABLE
WHERE
COL1 IN (
SELECT
COLB
FROM…2 votes -
Snippet - Wrap selected text in snippet
SQL Prompt has a fantastic feature that allows selected text to be wrapped up by pressing control + selecting snippet that utilizes the SELECTEDTEXT value. This is great for wrapping up text in "Begin try", "comment blocks" and other selection oriented snippets.
2 votes -
format json output
Add an option to format JSON output with proper indentation and line feeds
2 votes -
region collapse auto
I would like the options to enable such a setting that when procedures, functions, etc. are opened for editing, all regions would automatically collapse. There could also be a keyboard shortcut that collapses and expands all regions
2 votes -
Enable command execution in query result pane
I very often use T-SQL to create a series of T-SQL commands to be run.
I need to ctrl-C+open new window+ctrl-V+F5 to accomplish that, and it works.
However, a nice feature would be to just be able to select the commands in the query result window, and choose "execution" from the shortcut menu, and have SQL Complete do all the additional work automagically.2 votes -
Add Troubleshooting solutions in error tooltips
Example 1:
If you are using a NOT declared variable @var1, @var1 will get underlined and there is a tooltip with the error.
On the tooltip there could be a suggestion: "add declare @var1 int".
Example 2:
If you are executing a procedure and you are missing some mandatory parameters then there could be the solution "add missing parameters" on the tooltip2 votes
- Don't see your idea?