Skip to content

Review Assistant

Review Assistant is a code review plugin for Visual Studio. Peer code review tool helps you to create review requests and respond to them without leaving Visual Studio, improve code quality and ship software with less defects, automate the process with minimum overhead.
http://www.devart.com/review-assistant/

Review Assistant

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

91 results found

1. The only place I see the review number is in the notification emails. I want to be able to reference a review in conversation by number, as the titles can be verbose and difficult to distinguish from each other in some cases. Either show it all the time just before the title, or at least display it in the hover text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a reviewer of Git code who doesn’t have the author’s repo locally, I want a better experience reviewing Git code seamlessly without pulling changes to the Git repo manually, so that I can review code quickly and without hassle.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Whenever I am trying to initiate an ad-hoc review by selecting code in .cs file, I am getting error: "File association with Review Assistant project failed. Check the repository settings." I am using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise and latest version of ReviewAssistant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Often, I would like to add explanation to changes I'm including in a review. I can this in an overview comment, but in a review with lots of files, it's nice to give preparatory remarks on individual files, or specific lines of code in a file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello! Could you please implement the smiles in Code Review board? It will be great!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The UI of the Code Review Board is getting cluttered. Many different kinds of elements yield a suboptimal experience: I see little icons, big buttons, blue links, tiny expander triangles, and text instructions in arbitrary places. Also, the UI is not optimized for the most common use cases/value streams:

1) Create a review, add revisions, add reviewers, done.
    2) Open a review, examine each file and make comments, done.
    3) Open a review, read comments, open files to consider making changes, reply to comments, add new revisions, done.

Recommend a GUI expert to tweak the UI.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The code review board inside Visual Studio lags, stutters, and is overall not very snappy. Particularly bad is the scrolling, but also it is quite slow in expanding/collapsing comments and in opening a comparison view when double-clicking a file. Would like it to be smooth and delightfully fast.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Accept changes" is a good disposition, but it strikes me as suboptimal to have the alternative be "reject changes". It seems like that implies that the changes should be rolled back or totally undone. More often, we want to say that "I am done with the review and I think something needs to be changed."

So perhaps there is a better way to word it, but the best I can think of is that the ways to Complete Review should be "Accept changes" and "Recommend rework". Perhaps "Reject changes" could be a third option, but I wouldn't use it very…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide more possibilities to search, filter and order the comments.
    e.g. for the reviewer's name, file name, ...

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Visual studio has built-in support for reviewing git pull requests. It would be nice to use Review Assistant instead of weak built-in tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a server admin I should be able to control whether my clients get upgrade notices, esp. for breaking changes where both client and server need to be upgraded together. At my company dozens of people have asked why they even get prompted for the 3.x version when the server is still on 2.x. Many companies have change control policies or software packaging regimes which prevent quick software upgrades. The ability to specify at the server that you want to suppress upgrade notices would make the job of administrator easier.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice if Review Assistent would add a message header to the mails it sends out that has the project name so they can be filtered easier in mail clients like Outlook like:

X-ReviewAssistant-Project: FooBar Project

While it is in the title of the message, it would be better to have it as a header to be able to filter on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It takes a lot of work to coordinate updates to the server side and dozens of clients. Since the install is the same executable, it should be reasonable to make an option in the client settings to update to latest version. All users using an old version would get a notification which would take them to the RA settings pane. There would be a button/link to "update now" this would kick off a download from the RA server which would deliver the exe to the user and execute it. (I silent install would be phenomenal!)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like the capability to specify at the project level the minimum number of "Accepts" allowed such that a review can be closed cleanly when that number is either met or exceeded. That way available reviewers can review without needing the entire list to accept.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to execute certain actions once a review has been completed and accepted by all reviewers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We would like to setup Review Assistant such that if a review occurs on certains files / url(s) that there are mandatory reviewers automatically added to the review

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are over 60 requests for some API level access to the product. There are a ton of standard and custom issue tracking systems out there that could tie into your product. In our case we would love to tie TFS check in events to create and update reviews automatically. This seems like a major missing feature compared to a lot of other products in the space. Yours would work best if the API was exposed. People have been asking for over 2 years.

The command line is clunky and insuffiecient, or at least not documented well enough to be…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When creating a review, after choosing the changesets to include in the review, I often need to unselect a large number of files from the review, because they are generated files that don't need to be reviewed. Currently, the only way to do this is to click the checkbox next to the file for each file. I would like to be able to shift-select a large range of files and then unselect all with a single click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. TFS allows developers to link work items by ID to a check-in. This is often enforced by a rule to make sure devs always do this.

Now the reviewer has to manually pick the changesets linked to the TFS item one by one from the TFS history.
    It would be great if these TFS items could be used as the source for the changesets to import to perform the review on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It’s becoming really painful to run most of my reports because of the lack of ability to save custom values like filters, project/report type combos and date ranges so I can run them again later. It would be nice if I could save these as a "custom" report entry on the list so I could reuse my filters since the GUI for filters is very combersome for more than one or two custom values. If there could be user-specific or global saved report definitions that would be great, because I would like to allow multiple project owners to be able…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?