272 results found
-
4 votes
-
Refactoring feature: Add Quotes to names
it would be very helpful if you have an option that encloses object names in quotes. The option should allow you to specify the quote characters to use (brackets vs quotes).
This would transform references like:
dbo.myTable
To
[dbo].[myTable]It would also be nice if this option could be set to be applied during auto-complete.
4 votes -
Separate (one-line) format for simple "when then else end" statement
It would be nice to be able to specify a separate format for simple case statements with only one 'when' and possibly an 'else' clause. These can typically easily fit in one line, while complicated case statements benefit from taking up the additional lines to improve readability.
declare @profit float = 10
/* Simple case statement can fit on one line */
select case when @Profit > 0 then 'Great' else 'Not so great' end/* Complex case statement requires multiples lines */
select case
when @Profit > 10000 then 'Nice!'
when @Profit > 0 then 'OK'
else 'You''re fired!'…4 votes -
Add setting for color of "highlight Occurrences" or document where this is control in SMMS.
There is a choice on Options > General named Highlight Occurrences. I don't like the way this looks with my color scheme. Suggestion: allow me to change the default highlight color or document where that color comes from in SMMS's color settings.
4 votes -
Add an option to group database entities by schema rather than flat alphabetical.
Add an option to group database entities (tables, views, stored procedures, etc.) by schema rather than flat alphabetical. Click +/- sign to expand or collapse schemas.
4 votes -
Add option to adjust function tooltip font size
The tooltip font is just too small ...
4 votes -
New Query Template
It can possibly be done with the 'snippet', but when I hit Ctrl- N in SSMS, it would be great if 'my' standard template opened. This allows me have the necessary 'set' options pre configured etc
4 votes -
Option to Format Index Statements
As a user it would be helpful to be able to customize how INDEX statements are formatted.
For example, it would be nice to be able to configure the indent for the second line where the "INCLUDE" statement is as shown below:
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IXTableColumn] ON [dbo].[Table] ([Column1],[Column2], [Column3])
INCLUDE ([Column4],[Column5],[Column6])
GOCurrently, SQL Complete formats the above text pushing the second line all the way to the left as shown below:
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IXTableColumn] ON [dbo].[Table] ([Column1],[Column2], [Column3])
INCLUDE ([Column4],[Column5],[Column6])
GOI am unable to find a current setting to indent the second…
4 votes -
multiple row tab
Provide for MULTIPLE TAB ROWS like TabsStudio has. This way there's no need for the file menu drop-down list, no need to manually pin tabs, the tabs keep stable order.
Thanks
4 votes -
Improve standard filtering in Object Explorer
The standard filtering in Management Studio Object Explorer is rudimentary at best. I lack the ability to select multiple values, and use drop downs to do so. Or even better, use complex queries (with and/or/not), and maybe even save and reuse these for daily administration (much like snippets).
4 votes -
AutoComplete table joins
Have the ability to train intellisense when joining tables to learn which tables join together.
so that in the future you can just type:
"select * from employees e
left join "and intellisense gives a drop down list of related tables, which when selected writes out the table name AND join columns.
i.e.:
"select * from employees e
left join "
and intellisense suggests: "manager m on m.managerID = e.managerID"4 votes -
Row_number() formatting issue
Formatting for rownumber() seems to have issues with breaking up the line. I don't know if the parser is evaluating it as a possible subquery, but it would be great to have the option for a single line or wrapped line rownumber(). A row_number() statement on 4-5 lines seems to be a little confusing.
3 votes
AdminDevart
(_, Devart)
responded
Could you please provide us a concrete example demonstrating this and describe it in more detail?
-
auto alias with full table name or allow rename for non-aliased names
This will interface beautifully with the rename option that is included with SQL complete. Frequently i'll copy code sets that use two different objects or start as table reads and later become a read from a temp table. being table to change the "from" and easily being able to the rename the alias/table to the new source and have all other references to it be updated as well would be great
3 votes
AdminDevart
(_, Devart)
responded
Could you please provide us an example of this?
You can send the reply straight to our support system at alexaATdevartDOTcom and supportATdevartDOTcom .
-
Installer - Allow option to keep edits I've made to default snippets
When installing an upgrade, my additions to the snippets manager are maintained. However, I would like the option to keep all edits I've made to the default set of snippets as well.
3 votes
AdminPMs
(Admin, Devart)
responded
We just checked and confirm that changes made in the snippets are preserved when upgrading dbForge.
-
Option to reorganize FROM clause so that inner join and left join stay the same, and right join changes to left join
the original sql statment:
SELECT *
FROM T1 RIGHT JOIN T2 ON T1.ID1=T2.ID1after reorganize
SELECT *
FROM T2 LEFT JOIN T1 ON T2.ID1=T1.ID13 votes -
Mark cells in results panel
I want to be able to mark cells in the results panel. I often have SSMS open on one screen, and some spreadsheet or notepad open on another. I can select the cells, but then that selection is no longer visible once I go to the other window. I should be able to change the background color or a cell in the results pane by right clicking, and/or keyboard command.
3 votes -
collapse blocks to definitions
hi, I work with MS SQL Managemenet System and a lot of *.sql files for updating databases
to my specific file can have a lot of lines of code (up to 1000 lines) and navigation and reading becomes tragic - I always manually collapse (press on [-] next to block name) all blocks like CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE FUNCTION
I really love your SQL Document Outline feature
so you can handle another feature 'Collapse all blocks to definition' and simplify the life of a lot of db coders
Will be glad to be among your clients
Thank you and good luck,…3 votes -
Add bookmarks feature
This feature will allow set or clear bookmark on a line of SQL code, and allow move to successive bookmarked lines. as in Textpad (Ctrl + F2) and (Shift + F2).
3 votes -
Stop autocomplete of table name if you haven't specified the table name yet
For example, when I attempt to write out this query:
SELECT t.Column1 FROM dbo.Table1 t
As soon as I type "SELECT t." the "t" turns into whatever object name matches t the closest (in my database's case, it's some random UDF). I want to write "t.Column1" before I've specified what t is.
3 votes -
trailing spaces
Option for removing trailing spaces
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?