Folder/group feature for Database Explorer?
Would it be possible to add a group/folder feature to the connection explorer, so connections can be organized?
Please note that you can assign one of the available document categories with colors to a connection as follows:
1. Right-click a connection in Database Explorer and select ‘Modify Connection…’ from the popup menu. The ‘Database Connection Properties’ dialog opens.
2. Switch to the ‘Connection’ tab.
3. In the ‘Document Category’ drop-down menu, select one of the available options or add a new one by clicking the three-dotted button.
Philippe SOHM commented
your solution doens't resolve our problem
how can you manage 100 database with that group feature
we need to organize the databases with folders
Sam Bosell commented
If you manage 100 databases, the database explorer becomes unusable. Folders or any collapsible category and/or search are required.
+1 for adding folders / sub-tree for connections. We've +30 databases to manage for different products. So grouping them is a missing feature within dbForge
All the connections should be sorted by default. Additionally the folder/group feature can be added, but it is hard to use when it is not sorted.
Philippe SOHM commented
we already notice that we can set a document category but
1) it is hard to see especially when we are color blind
2) it isn't always relevant especially if you work as a freelance (it that case, you want to have 10 folders for all your customers and avoid the mix of all productions server of your customer)
3) you can't group or sort, it isn't very useful
if we could create folder if would be a lot better
if we could create a unlimited number of documents category, it would be a workaround but in that case, we should see folder or sort them
Categories as they stand now don't allow you to group or sort the connection definitions. I would love the ability to group the connections somehow (I would use a project or product name) to tame the connection list.
The coloring is great to let me know that I'm working on a production vs QA vs Development server.
Would love to see this; our list of connections is getting long and we'd like to be able to group the common connections by project. Likely easiest by putting them in virtual folders.
AdminDevart (Admin, Devart) commented
folder/group feature for tables.
folder / group feature for tables list. To be able to group tables into folders