Skip to content

dbForge Studio for MySQL

dbForge Studio for MySQL is a universal set of MySQL GUI tools for database management, administration and development. It enables to create and execute queries, develop and debug MySQL routines, and automate MySQL database object management in the convenient environment.

http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

dbForge Studio for MySQL

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

301 results found

1. Are there any plans to introduce GitHub co-pilots into dbforge studio for MySQL?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,
    When deleting multiple rows, the application deletes them one at the time.
    If you could use a "IN" condition with the primary key, if any, the execution will be must more faster.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello,
    When doing a data comparison and having an error, a message such as the following one is displayed:
    "Error (1,1): Duplicate entry 'WBAH2022-2' for key 'Old'"

The problem is that, when the data comparison is against tables, it's not easy to find the table with the problem. It would be very useful to have, at least, the name of the table.

Having also the value of the primary key would help further for this kind of error.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PLEASE add an option to disable autocommit at the connection level. It should be in the connection parameters so that it is switched OFF when you open the connection, and remains OFF unless you specifically enable it in a transaction. This seems like basic, common sense. autocommit is EXTREMELY dangerous when working in a production environment. It is unacceptable that there is no ability to control this basic feature at the client side.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please introduce support for multiple cursors. Confer the functionality in Sublime Text and Visual Studio Code. This is a critical time-saving feature. I often find myself editing my queries in those tools, and then copying and pasting them back into dbForge to make use of its features like auto-completion, then back again to vs code for useful features there. It would be a game changer to have robust multiple cursor support (including corresponding key bindings for customization of expanding selection under cursor and add cursor above/below) in dbForge.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I love the command palette in VS Code and Chrome Dev Console. I can press control+p and enter a filename or control+shift+p and type, find and perform common operations.
    I'd love to be able to press something like that where I can type in a table name. The list would show me matching tables in all of my connections (or even just my current active connection) and give me options to select from the table, scroll to and select the table in database explorer, open the table editor, etc.
    Other common commands could be in the command palette too, like:…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please support MacOS properly. Crossover and dbforge dont work on Apple Silicon chips. plus its extra resourced to install and run crossover. please make a Mac Version

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please enable navigating sequentially through tabs with ctrl+tab (forwards) and ctrl+shift+tab (backwards), matching the functionality of navigating through tabs in Google Chrome. It is much more cumbersome when you have many tabs open to have to count how many to the right or left you need to move so you can press and hold ctrl and then tab the right number of times. It should be possible to just move through the tabs one by one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an option to display output for multiple queries stacked instead of as individual tabs (see how this works in SSMS)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be really useful to use more color to highlight the current connection in the active window, e.g. ability set tab and status bar background to red to match the color attribute of the connection

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let's say your database has enough tables to fill several screens vertically in the Database Explorer tree view, and you have multiple environments such as Development, Testing, Production.

Currently, if you have those tables filling your view, there isn't a visual of which environment contains the tables on your screen, you have to scroll.

It would be nice to increase visibility to the object level at least, if not further in such as into column lists and other areas.

One way to accomplish this involves the environment category icon. Another way, used by some other software, is to color-code the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. All the rows currently have the same color (except any row that is selected).

They should have color differentiation. The "old school" way was to have alternating colors but the smart way is to have a different color every third row, as that is sufficient for eyeballing a long row. Each row will have a different-colored neighbour this way and so there's no confusing each row visually.

Let's do this! Navicat has this formatting implemented, I'm surprised dbForge doesn't have any visual row differentiation.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I like to have floating query windows because I run a lot of queries and often would like to compare results in windows next to each other.

Currently these floating (undocked) windows do NOT produce a taskbar item respectively. I think they should. This way I can find my queries instead of losing track of them. One window might cover the others and then I can't see them.

Navicat currently has this feature. dbForge can top Navicat.

Please implement this feature! The taskbar item should show up in the monitor where the floating window currently is located.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dynamic backup for stored procedures, it would be great if, for example, you can backup a group of stored procedures using as a base a comma separated list (or any other separator). Personally I work everyday with many databases and moving many stored procedures among them and it's a kinda troublesome select one by one everytime I have to backup them, so, I think this feature is necessary, even you could extend the feature to views, triggers and events.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd like to be able to completely disable creation of .design files when I save sql for the following reasons:
    1) It stores connection that was used when sql file was saved, however in most cases I'm opening another connection so this just wastes my time opening incorrect connection. Also that connection might not be accessible at that point of time, e.g. server is inaccessible or down or whatever, thus dbforge hangs for significant period of time before I can actually select correct connection and run sql
    2) the folder with sql queries is messed up with all those design…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to set the font size on the database Explorer and other view windows, like the Data Viewer for example, on 4K monitor , the size are very small , don't and using window Scale. mess up all (Version 9.1.8)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When a index has been modified that causes the index to be rebuilt, add a option to rebuild using the following flow.

Create new index with temp name.
    Drop existing index.
    Rename index with temp name to correct name.

For tables that take a few hours to build indexes on, this will allow the existing index to remain being used while the new one is building. Then once it is built, remove the original index.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I just discovered this product and I am evaluating it for further use. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to select a particular edition to evaluate. As an independent developer, I can almost assure you I will not be purchasing the Enterprise version. However, there's no way to "trail" anything short of that and I feel this makes the trial somewhat ineffective: I can't evaluate and consider any version of the product I may actually consider purchasing. I'm guessing the design goal is to convince prospective buyers to spend more money; however, it's more of a turn-off than…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I just discovered this product and I am evaluating it for further use. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to select a particular edition to evaluate. As an independent developer, I can almost assure you I will not be purchasing the Enterprise version. However, there's no way to "trail" anything short of that and I feel this makes the trial somewhat ineffective: I can't evaluate and consider any version of the product I may actually consider purchasing. I'm guessing the design goal is to convince prospective buyers to spend more money; however, it's more of a turn-off than…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for INSERT .... RETURNING clause, supported my MariaDB, in syntax. Currently dbForge Studio complains when using RETURNING.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16