Skip to content

Entity Developer

Entity Developer is a powerful ORM modeling and code generation tool for NHibernate, ADO.NET Entity Framework, and LINQ to SQL. It introduces new approaches for designing ORM models, boosts productivity, and facilitates the development of database applications.

http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/

Entity Developer

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

95 results found

1. A View in Database Terms is a predefined, "constant" query generating something that behaves nearly identical to a table.

In contrast what Entity Developer calls a "view" is a query that is hard-coded into the Client side application code, sent to the database repeatingly and interpreted from scratch each time the applications accesses the database using that view.

This brings a few drawbacks:
    1) A view query may be quite complex. A Database Engine might keep track of executions of that query and optimize it. This might be easier or even possible on views as the view is a known,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Attribute Dialog (where you can add and edit custom attributes for Entities or fields) Shows value Editors as single-line Input field only. For longer values a multi-line Input field would be great to have to be able to see the complete Content.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. These enum type all go to database, and back to user, some time's its just a true false flag, and sometime much more complex, But, what is this about, is, we dont always use enum to store some state, some time we want to show it's value, and for me, it come to be atlast one in any of my form, this is nice i have enums, but i cant just show them , they should be modified to show result in some appropriate way, like more detailed, or for me, translated,...
    so what i have in mind, is to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would be good to allow customizing the error message for MaxLength attribute to say what MaxLength is limited to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DbMonitor is a highly valuable tool for us to support Sql debugging between .NET and an oracle database server.
    I would like to just keep it running in background to be able to see what happened in case of an error, without having to restart it again and again.

Unfortunately dbMonitor seems to take as more and more memory while running up to a bad handling of Out-Of-Memory execeptions spamming the screen and not even allowing to cleanly shutdown the dbMonitor application (except by killing the process).

It would be great to fix that, e.g. by auto-pruning process logs when…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Debugging a multithreaded Ado.NET/EntityFramework application with DbMonitor is easier than without, but threads get mixed in the log and it's not possible to filter for a given thread (or I don't know how).

One of the (or probably both) following features would help to make this much easier:

1) Allow to Filter by StackTrace content: If I know which thread I am interested in I usually know the entrypoint method, which is a line in the stacktrace. As DbMonitor knows the stacktrace of any line t logs, filtering by stacktrace content would help to support this and probably additional usecases…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When developing with several people on the same Windows machine, DbMonitor always shows all processes of all users.

As it's impossible to identify the right one (when more than one starts the same application) it would be great to be able to see the "owner" (user account name) and to filter the processes by it. Special case here: show only my own ones.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a starting point in my software development projects, I use Entity Developer to create conceptual models of the associated business entities. Next, I generate a database based on the conceptual model. I then use DevExpress ExpressApp Framework (XAF) to create an initial user interface for populating the database with the content which describes the business entities. I would like a code generation template to generate the XAF C# code for the business objects in the Entity Developer conceptual model.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MySQL and Postgres standard naming convention uses snake casing, it would be essential to add a translator to translate to snake casing (database table name, database column name). Refer to forum post http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=35171

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Length returns degrees not meters , from a wgs84 (srid=4326) DbGeography column (MS returns meters...)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If JSON can be created from an existing hbml data model, it will help to bind the data model class properties to the UI Form component classes and it will also help to find the association of classes in JSON as array of class objects (for 1 to many relationship) and so on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic mapping of CRUD functions by their names or user-specified rules

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When adding a column, to be able to auto-add a property (via tick box) that maps to it and uses a default but alterable type mapping table.
    E.g. Char becomes String, etc.
    If nullable then IS nullable.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In DB-first models, when any changes are done to the schema the developer has to manually update the model by running the wizard.

There should be a way to update the model from a running db at build time. This way you can guarantee that nightly builds are consistent with the latest schema changes.

Bonus points if you can save the options from the wizard (e.g. specific table names to be refreshed) and use them in the auto-refresh process.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to choose whether to generate fluent mapping for all entities in the OnModelCreating method or to implement fluent mapping generation in the separate configuration classes - a class per entity.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →